Monday, June 8, 2009

something's fishy in kansas


I don't fish as often as I'd like. Certainly I've never featured myself here on the family fish blog. But when Liv asked to go fishin' Sunday afternoon, I jumped at the chance. So we grabbed our rods and tackle and headed some 70 yards out the front door to our neighborhood lake.

After getting her set up and fishing, my first cast went horribly wrong. My over-zealous throw and late release resulted in a my topwater minnow going straight down about 3 feet from the bank into a hole about 8 feet down with this fella (I think it's a largemouth bass) waiting for it. It was the luckiest bad cast I've ever had. My 6-year old fishing partner took the above picture.

Well, she's never shown any interest in fishing beyond the first five minutes. An hour and 45 minutes later, after neither one of us caught anything else, she still didn't want to leave.

I think she's hooked.

No comments: