Tuesday, June 3, 2008

mary's knee surgery update

I just talked with my mom and with Barbara. Mom said she's doing good. She was still in quite a bit of pain and couldn't really talk a lot.

Surgery was a success. It turned out to be very necessary--she was down to just bone on bone in the knee. The surgery, however, was quite a bit more complicated than expected. It was also more painful than expected and she had something of a deficit in post-op pain medication this afternoon, but is back on it now.

Barbara is with her and will stay the night with her. They're at St. Michael's in Texarkana and I won't leave the contact info here, but if you need it, just call me.

Barbara, thank you so very much for just being there. You're a great patient advocate (and a great sister, too, I'm sure).

Pray that Mary's pain will subside and that she'll recover quickly. Thanks. Greg

No comments: